Dr Ulbrich is BAD NEWS. She claims to be great at holistic veterinary medicine but she is NOT Board certified in that area! After charging me over $800 for supplements, blood work, etc. I still did not have an answer for why my dog was so sick. I decided to go to a REAL holistic veterinarian in Winter Park. That vet was shocked how incompetent Dr Ulbrich was. She said that Dr Ulbrich had prescribed the completely wrong medications for my dog and that they were potentially harmful".

Dr Ulbrich was very arrogant and it really seemed like she was in this for the money;. She became very defensive when I asked very basice questions!.

Her technician was also incompetent;. I even asked the technician if she was new and she told me she had been there for a "long time".. She was unable to properly restrain my small, gentle dog:. You could tell that Dr Ulbrich became annoyed and they took my dog to another room and were gone for 45 minutes to draw blood,. My dog came back with 4 bleeding legs and a swollen neck.. When I asked what happened, they dismissed it and said she had bad veins. The vet in Winter Park was able to draw blood from her front right leg on the first try.

What is most frustrating is that my dog was misdiagnosed, manhandled and given the wrong medications. I do not recommend this veterinarian to anybody.

Had an Experience with Deland Animal Hospital?

Comments

They are greedy, arrogant and incompetent. The staff at the front desk is rude and obnoxious.

TheRealKarenKClark
Glenwood, Florida, United States #630496

First of all, any posts degrading the West Volusia Humane Society, Deland Police and certain City of Deland, Fl employees, Deland Animal Hospital are NOT BEING POST BY ME.There have been many posts by several people under ASSUMED names with letters and numbers THAT INCLUDE MY NAME.

They do not have the guts to POST THEIR REAL NAMES & meet face to face. They are cowards that are what appears to be blinded by some loyalty/ attachment to a "Animal RESCUE" Charity in Deland that had MULTIPLE NEGLECT/ abuse CHARGES LEVIED AGAINST THEM AS WELL AS FIRE CODE VIOLATIONS. IT DID MAKE TV NEWS last fall. OVER 130+ ANIMALS IN DEPLORABLE CONDITION.

THEY HAD OVER 3 MONTHS TO CLEAN UP AND COME TO CODE. I still remember the comments on TV as stated by multiple station reporters, "You can smell it from here". They were on the street and sidewalk.That's neglect.

Go after them.I really believe they do not "SAVE".