1.4

The owners of DeLand Animal Hospital are suing me in an attempt to stop me from posting an account of what happened to my standard poodle on March 31st. I took Rembrandt to their facility just after 3pm on that Saturday.

They diagnosed him as having a possible ruptured spleen. They told me that he needed emergency surgery, and I paid them $1800 for the surgery, but when I called them at 9pm to find out how he was doing, I was told to come get him and take him somewhere else because they did not have a surgeon. That means for 6 hours, Rembrandt was bleeding to death in their back room.

In an attempt to stop me from telling people what happened, they are trying to beat me up financially by filing a lawsuit against me. So far, I have had to pay over $10,000 for my defense; however, they have more money and have more power than me so this is a tough battle, but I will not take down what I have posted because it is true and accurate account of what happened to Rembrandt.

I am fighting not only for my right to post a review, but also, your right.

Case #2018-10724-CIDL in the Volusia County Circuit Court.

Product or Service Mentioned: Deland Animal Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: They did not do the required surgery on my standard poodle..

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: Drop the lawsuit against me and reimburse all my attorney fees.

I didn't like: It was a horrible experience for me and for my beloved rembrandt.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 07.

Comments

So sorry to hear about your dog but I watched the video and was a little confused and here's why. At around 7 minutes, you talk about how they let Rembrandt bleed out for 6 hours but then you talked about them giving him a blood transfusion.... These statements contradict themselves so I'm wondering what actually happened?

to Concerned Consumer #1600082

At 5:50 pm they gave Rembrandt a single blood transfusion. I do not understand why either.

If they were performing the surgery, the transfusion would have made sense, but no surgery was ever done. So that is what happened.