Had my dog spade on Feb 4 2011 aaat DeLand Animal Hospital. I had a certificate from humane society for 75.00. They did not inform me to wait til she was not in heat. Dogs still think she is in heat.

She was in heat so it cost me extra which was fine. The cert was

for dog to 80 lbs. Well she weighed 80.80. Dr. Harty even admitted

scales were heavy and leash was on her when she was weighed. If vets are trying to

help you Deland Animal Hospital has no sympathy. If you can not trust your vet Find

another one! To all their customers Be Aware.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 08, 2011.

Comments

Deland, Florida, United States #1076744

Since the early 1980's I took my pets to Countryside Animal Hospital. I was always happy with their treatment.

I currently have three dogs. When I rescued the last one, I was given a voucher for a rabies vaccine. Countryside's name was not on it. I called to see if they would honor it and they refused.

I took my dog to DeLand Animal Hospital and decided to move all of my boys there.

Loyalty goes both ways. I have been very pleased with the treatment they have received at DeLand Animal Hospital and it's a bonus that they are open 24/7/365!

karenclark
Deland, Florida, United States #603362

DeLand Animal Hospital is awful. Their vets, Ulbrich and Macphail couldn't get into a veterinary hospital in the United States they were so ***.

They had to go off shore to get their "degree" - surely a questionable one. I know for a fact they make more mistakes than any vet in Volusia County.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Their claims are lies and their ethics unbelievably corrupt.

I think we should kill all the pets and then let these greed vets - and there are a ton of them, find another way to rip off people.

First of all I have a vet Countryside Animal which does a great job and I have my dog yearly exam and do pay when they are sick, but when the Deland Animal Hospital charges 85.00 for 1/8 of a pound over the 80 pounds to spay give me a break!!!

to sewingnut Orlando, Florida, United States #610611

If you still are here Please respond I see you mentioned Dr Harty

In your complaint, I need to ask you a question, I think this

Is the same woman vet who killed my cat....was that Theresa Hearty?

anonymous3

Your post should embarrass you. Was your pet cared for properly, was the spay done adequately?

How exactly was your pet mistreated? You are basically crying about a few extra dollars paid to spay your dog that was in heat and over 80#. By the way, it is not the doctors/vet hospitals/rescues responsibility to tell you to not spay your dog when in heat. It's your responsibility as an owner to ask if its okay to spay your pet while in heat and what the pros and cons are of doing such.

Pets cost money regardless of an adoption from the local shelter or purchase of a full breed from a breeder.

If you are already going to nickel and dime your pet care with spay that was largely paid for from your adoption fees, I hate to see what happens if your pet actually gets sick!

By the way, I'm hoping you realize that your dog should have a yearly vet exam and vaccines to keep her healthy.

You do know that that's not covered by the humane society, right? Feel bad for the next vet that has to deal with you.

karenclark
to anonymous7775 Deland, Florida, United States #603363

You are pathetic Karen Clark. Clean up your features and don't look like such a homeless person with long greasy hair.

Also grow a brain. You surely don't have one honey.

That same thing happened to my parents. They are horrible when it comes to caring about the pets versus money. Countryside Animal Clinic is the best vet in Deland.